Privacy and confidentiality
Diversified Rehabilitation Group is committed to respecting the privacy and confidentiality of information it receives, in accordance with Diversified Rehabilitation Group Privacy Guidelines, and applicable law. Diversified Rehabilitation Group has established and will continue to maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information. However, you acknowledge and confirm that the Internet is not a secure medium where privacy and confidentiality can be guaranteed and that complete security and confidentiality of transmissions to and from this website over the Internet is not possible at this time. Your confidential use of this website cannot be guaranteed and you acknowledge that your use of this website (including information you transmit to this website) may be subject to access or manipulation by, or disclosure to, third parties. Without limiting any other disclaimer herein, Diversified Rehabilitation Group and its affiliates shall not be responsible or liable for any damages that you or any other person may suffer in connection with any such breach of privacy, confidentiality or security.
Your personal information
Certain Diversified Rehabilitation Group web pages may require you to provide personal information to Great-West Life, such as web pages that require you to register in order to access the web page. Such personal information (for example, your name, birthday, postal code and e-mail address if applicable) is used to help provide you with a secure, private and convenient experience on this website.
For web pages requiring you to register:
- Identity verification: This information is used to confirm your identity when registering for access to certain Diversified Rehabilitation Group web pages. This information is matched against our existing records to enable you to register.
- Communication with Diversified Rehabilitation Group: If you send Diversified Rehabilitation Group an e-mail through our “Contact Us” feature, we will use the e-mail address you provide at registration to contact you with our reply. If your e-mail address changes, you can always change the e-mail address we have on record on either the “Contact Us” page, or in the “Your Profile” section of the website.
- Forgotten user name or password: If you forget either your user name or password, it is simple to recover them online by going through our Forgotten User Name or Password services, available from the Sign In page. To confirm your identity before displaying either of these items, we match what you enter against the information collected during the registration process.
What your information will not be used for:
- Marketing from Diversified Rehabilitation Group: You will not receive any marketing or advertisements from Diversified Rehabilitation Group at the e-mail address you provide, without your consent.
- Marketing from third parties: We will never sell your individual information to third parties without your consent.
The security of e-mail communication cannot be guaranteed. Do not send private or confidential information to Diversified Rehabilitation Group via e-mail (e.g., your Social Insurance Number, birthday). Any person wishing to communicate or send information of a private or confidential nature to Diversified Rehabilitation Group or a third party is encouraged to do so by other means.
“Cookies” are small items of data that websites store in your browser. These data files contain information the website can use to track and organize the pages you have visited, and to gather information. Some of our web-based applications use “cookie” technology to measure website activity and tailor information to fit your personal interests. Diversified Rehabilitation Group uses both “session” and “permanent” cookies, both of which help us deliver a superior website experience that is designed to be fast, secure and personalized. You may decline cookies by configuring your web browser accordingly, but this may lead to reduced website functionality.
Diversified Rehabilitation Group collects some limited information about your connection to the Internet. This information includes your computer’s IP address, which is your numerical address on the Internet that lets our servers know where to send the web pages you view. This information is collected to help measure traffic to our website and the performance of our servers, and to help diagnose and address problems when they arise.
Diversified Rehabilitation Group may, from time to time, employ Google and/or Flurry Analytics, web analytic services provided by Google Inc. and Yahoo Inc. respectively, to help measure traffic patterns to, from, and within our public websites. This analytics measurement tool uses “session” and “persistent” cookies to collect standard Internet log information and to track visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website (including the first nine digits of your IP address) is transmitted to Google and/or Yahoo, as the case may be. No personal, identifying information is recorded or provided to Google or Yahoo. This anonymous information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of our website and to compile statistical reports.
These privacy guidelines describe our commitment to privacy, and explain the principles that guide us in protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information.
Protecting your privacy outside Canada
In certain circumstances we engage service providers that may be based outside of Canada or that use systems, data support or have employees outside of Canada. Learn more about protecting your data outside of Canada.